Saturday, October 22, 2011

Olive Mill

We went to the olive mill in queen creek today. Took the tour, which consisted of a talk while sitting outside among the olive trees . it was pretty nice out there. When she finished her talk we had samples of some olives and I walked around the grove and got seeds from several of the olive trees. She said they had a lot of different varieties and didn't use any olives off the ground so I felt alright about picking up a few. I'm going to try to start some from seed when I get home. I planted an olive tree this spring , but it would be fun (and cheaper) to start some from seed. I'm planning to try to start things from seeds and cuttings because buying all the plants I want to put in is starting to get pretty exspensive. Also it's fun. I've had a little success with that so far. Before we went to the olive mill we went to sweet tomatoes for lunch. I'd have to say it was a pretty good day. ...........later peeps

No comments:

Post a Comment